Saturday 31 October 2015

Monster Park

How suitable for Halloween: a park in the Sacred Wood, full of weird and wonderful monstrous (as in large as well as mythical creatures) sculptures. Last year's trip to Italy yielded a morning's visit to Bomarzo where there is a very old sculpture park from 1522.  It was neglected for many years and evntualy restored (after a fashion) in the 1950s.

I did start attempting the 3rd Challenge from the CKCB with this spread - to use Just One Thing other than photos, cardstock and paper - i.e. the semi-transluscent leafy washi tape which gave different effects depending on the background surface. However the giveaway pile at my recent Bloggers' Retreat yielded the most perfect giant gromlet that I had to interpret the challenge as just one thing that wasn't in my original October Counterfeit Kit!


I'd printed photos specially for the retreat but had somehow forgotten to select the bottom left one (of me in the mouth of a picnic cave) so I had to use a scrap of cardstock during the weekend.  I'd used it to practice with the MS border punch and liked the effect so much that the final photo had to be given a border too!



The sculptures weren't that scary after 500 years, but I certainly wouldn't fancy going walking there this evening!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Well, those pictures quite capture our eye, so you don't need anything else on the page. Great two page spread, Jemma.

alexa said...

What a wonderful two-pager, Jemma: not just your amazing detailed photos, but your stylish arrangement and sympathetic palette too. Those deckled edges are perfect.