Monday 16 March 2015

Hello!

Jimjams - Layout detail - sticker cluster
Today's challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is to reflect your craft desk in a page ... as in the state of it! 

Err - that means I have to admit to you that it's currently a MESS ... in fact I haven't been able to scrap properly at it this year! 
All my scrapping is getting done at my monthly crop and at my dining table as there is no space left on my desk!!!
I'm in the process of clearing up my craft corner to accommodate some different storage and, as ever, I'm making more mess in order to be tidy :-)

So this page for our Disney 2004 (!) album reflects the layers of paperwork, scrapping scraps, half-sorted embellishments, odd pens and a selection of oddments ... scattered around my laptop!

Jimjams - Layout - Hello

Supplies are from my March Counterfeit Kit with the addition of a few Simple Stories word stickers.  Child No.3 was getting bored waiting for me to browse the biggest craft store I'd ever seen and decided she'd feature in the photographic evidence!  The air-conditioning was a welcome respite from the Florida sun, but the kids didn't appreciate the time it was taking me to decide which scrapbook supplies to spend my holiday $$$ on.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

I find it hard to imagine you with a messy desk! Fun! This layout is a good reflection of the description you gave so well done! What a fun photo and isn't it lovely to work through some of those older photos?

Maria Ontiveros said...

Interesting challenge. Mine would have a large border of embellishments with small amount of white space in the middle for the photo

Susan said...

I really like your interpretation of this prompt - your layers looks great and I like the side journaling and the little phrases and embellishments along the bottom too.

alexa said...

Now, I would never have guessed you could POSSIBLY have a messy space, Jemma! Your little cluster embellies and words is very effective.

LCSmithSAVED said...

I can so relate to your making a mess to get it tidy approach! I am finally at about 85% in my tiny studio & it feels so good :D
Great to get some older photos scrapped with a challenge. That store looks A-MA-ZING! Lucky you

Lou said...

love it, the colours the layered patterns..looks lovely x

My not so simple life said...

Great layout, that looks like some shop!

Virginia said...

Gorgeous page

Alison said...

Fab layout Jemma......I've resorted to scrapping on the dining room table too! Xx

Julene Matthews said...

A fantastic idea for a layout.Love your daughter's smile.
As usual you have a wonderful layout here.

Janine Rachau said...

I see a juxtaposition of order and chaos here,...the angled sheets and orderly words....it's a fabulous blend working together well with your picture. such a cute photo bomb angle-ing in on those orderly rows of craft supplies. :) Love the orderly word cluster and the "Hello" sheet that captures the essence of the photo,...sorry, I'm rambling. Great page!

kjjc said...

hah. Great idea and challenge. not sure I could do it cos i can't even find my things in all the chaos.totally envious of the visit to the craft store though.