Saturday 26 April 2014

Zoom In Zoom Out #17

I'm not sure who gets the most fun out of Easter around here. For a while it was the kids with Easter Egg anticipation.  There were hunts in the garden when the weather was fine, around the house when it was wet, and far too much chocolate for healthy teeth and calm behaviour.  With teenage hormones, there was a waning of enthusiasm from some quarters ... it wasn't cool to join in with parentally organised activities ...
However I love devising the clues and hiding of eggs filled with treats, so I tried not to let the reducing numbers of children at home stop me from keeping the traditional hunt going.  It fell a little flat in 2013 with just Child No.3 to cater for.
Luckily we had some company this year and she found it much more fun to have No.1 Son and his girlfriend searching, very enthusiastically, alongside her.   


Much more fun for me too, because I was able to watch three happy faces in the sunshine and got a scrapbook-worthy photo from Helena's ZIZO meme - I wonder if there are other eggs to see this week?

13 comments:

Mary B said...

Lovely photo, did they have to find their own colours as I see they seem to have

Alison said...

No eggs here..I was on my own...love the pics!
Alison xx

helena said...

lovely capture of happy

scrappyjacky said...

Our 'bigs' loved helping the 'littlies' search for eggs.

Anonymous said...

I would have loved finding the penguin!! Looks like smiles all round for your hunters.
Thanks for your suggestion about Fotor.com for collages on my blog- I guess I am just used to Picasa. I will try again when I have more time and Picasa annoys me again! I do like the rounded corners in your collage....

Missus Wookie said...

How fun - we don't 'do' Easter like that but I do like treasure hunts. Sunshine and smiles makes it more fun :)

Lesley G said...

Aw, I love compiling the hunt too although I did cheat a bit this year.
A great, happy photo to scrap :)

Sandie said...

How nice to have more of your family home for Easter. I loved making up Easter egg hunts too until they became teenagers and asked nicely if I would mind not hiding eggs around the garden any more as it was a bit embarrassing if the neighbours saw :(
A great ZIZO - and your treasures look well worth finidng!!

betty-NZ said...

Teens are weird, but everybody likes chocolate eggs!

Lisa said...

I tried doing a hunt for my husband back in the early days. It fell flat which saddened me so I don't do anything any more :-( but your three happy faces were clearly worth it. :-)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great photos!
We never did the egg hunts at home with the boys. Too many animals inside & out. We'd go to ones hosted by the county or a few churches. But last year the boys weren't really into it so this year we didn't go. :(

Maria Ontiveros said...

We had quite the boring Easter this year, but I didn't mind as we were all so tired. Plus, we had very good food! Paul made spanakoita.
Rinda

Anonymous said...

Funny how the uncool becomes fun if the girlfriend is interested. No Easter egg hunts for us this year, but we did have egg and spoon races. Unfortunately no photos since I failed to charge phone AND camera before we went!