Wednesday 26 March 2014

My Name Is ... Brie

Jimjams - Layout detail - polaroid journalling - for SJ Crafts
I'm rather envious of Child No.3 because she has already met the latest additions to our "family" and I have not:  No.1 Son and his lovely girlfriend became proud owners of two Bengal kittens on Boxing Day.  Had they produced our first grandchildren we'd have been up to visit long ago, but it's hard to justify a 6 hour round trip for some cats, no matter how cute they are, especially when Hubby prefers dogs!  However, Child No.3 enjoyed a long weekend with her brother and got to play and pet and photograph them.  I, meanwhile, have had to make do with Facebook photos and videos ... when I spotted a "selfie" there recently I knew it needed scrapping!

And when I received the Teresa Collins My Name Is collection pack from S J Crafts I knew I had the perfect papers for the photo!

Jimjams - Layout - Cattitude - for SJ Crafts

There are 9 double-sided sheets and two sheets of sticker in the collection - I've used large blocks from Journal, Love and Words, pieces from Polaroids and Record, along with some scraps of toning cardstock, wooden buttons and twine.

These kittens are quite a handful already - playful, intelligent, spirited - so it seemed appropriate to alter one of the 3x4 cards with the alphas from the collection pack.

Jimjams - Layout detail - altered quote card - for SJ Crafts

I'd better get a companion page done for the "boys" now - off to check out their Facebook uploads!

14 comments:

helena said...

totally adorable double selfie and love your clever cattitude card

Lesley G said...

I love Teresa Collins papers.
I don't love cats however (I'm with your husband) but I do have to admit that Brie is pretty cute.
Love your longer photo and polaroid frames :)

Missus Wookie said...

Another friend has two Bengals - they are definitely a handful and v cute. Love the papers and that title.

Annie Claxton said...

Fantastic page - love your design and such a sweet photo! :o)

Laura said...

Brilliant! :)

Chidkid said...

Wonderful Jemma.. The cats are über cute and I am loving those papers!

Sue said...

Love your page and photo.

Lisa said...

This collection is really lovely, isn't it? I really enjoyed working with it at the beginning of the month. I really like how you've been brave enough to work with the brighter sheets in the collection too - looking good! The selfie is a winner too (even though I'm more of a dog person too!)

scrappyjacky said...

Cute kitten....great page.

alexa said...

That's a very neat title! And those posers really pull out the deeper tones in your photo. A truly sweet kitten :).

alexa said...

Sorry, papers not 'posers'. Autocorrect. Sigh!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Clever, clever title! What a great photo - amazing that kitty was still enough, lol

My Little World said...

Lovely colours and papers and that kitty is gorgeous! xx

Sandra said...

Oh that's so clever and so so cute