Friday 22 March 2013

Take My Advice ...

My recent Bloggers Retreat was a chance to meet up with several blogging friends and exchange ideas, learn new techniques, share supplies as well as eat a lot of cake.  One blogger generously shared out piles of blank mini-book pages as long as we promised to decorate them using two colours of Distress Ink and share the results on-line.  I didn't have time to start during the weekend so I took my blank pages and cardboard covers home and got to work with two of my four shades of Distress Ink ...

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - Supplies

... along with some rather tongue in cheek quotes and printed in Type-Ra onto some pages from an old stamp album:

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - embossed background pages

I incorporated a clear page to include a joke that makes me laugh every time:

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - There are 10 Kinds of People

The pages weren't all exactly the same size so some needed some washi-tape to cover up the joins ...

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - Quote#4

... while others were fine as they were:

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - Smaller sized pages

I loved the mix of colours tied together by the repeated font on scissor-distressed and inked stamp album paper:

Jimjams - Quote Mini-book - Quote#7

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - There are 2 rules in life ...

My embossing folders were a quick and easy way to perk up some plain cardstock too.

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - Embossed cardstock

Sometimes I could use both sides of the patterned paper for a quote ...

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - Double sided papers

... and sometimes I simply stuck a single-sided piece to another sheet:

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - Take My Advice ...

Do any of these quotes speak to you? If you do want to take my advice then I'd suggest that:

Jimjams - Quotes Mini-book - Final page

16 comments:

JulieJ said...

Love those quotes - very witty and you now have a pretty, little source book to keep on hand as you scrap.
But two colours of distress ink? Were we? I think I missed that bit!

Mary B said...

I love this the quotes made me laugh, especially the binary one, procrastination and the organised people one

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've made,Jemma....it would bring a smile to anyone's face....and sadly...far too many of these quotes resonate with me....but particularly the procrastinating one!!

K said...

Great idea, great quotes, what more is there to say, great :)

furrypig said...

I must get on and start mine!! I have the ideas but sadly not the the actual creating done! Your quotes are very funny, a job well done me thinks xxx

Sandie said...

Love this Jemma... The quotes really made me smile. It's a great idea for the album - I must start mine sometime soon!

Alison said...

Great quotes Jemma!
Alison xx

Chidkid said...

This is great...loving those sayings!

Lesley G said...

Great quotes, I think you have a few more to add now too...
Erm, also, just a little kick from me as there has been no decluttering since March 5th :O

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is fun - and you can add more as you gather them too! :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I love the quotes! Especially the binary one & the organized people being lazy.

MiliPea Designs said...

I love these quotes! What a wonderful collection!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love all these quotes! They made me laugh, and there are many that I've never seen before. I bookmarked them to use later.
Rinda

Maggie said...

Fab quotes, they all made me smile, they'll be good on tags too. Loved the embossing.

alexa said...

Really made me smile :). Your inking looks great and I am such a fan of typewritten fonts and didn't know this one, so thank-you!

Jo Murray said...

You've made my day. It's great to begin with a good laugh.