Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Counterfeiting

Kit detail - home made "buttons"Welcome to 2013 and a whole new year of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog!

Did you see that we have a number of new Master Forgers? And have you noticed that we are doing the Kit-To-Copy reveal on the first of the month?!

Today you also get to see how the Master Forgers have taken inspiration from the Kit-To-Copy by hopping around their blogs, starting here with our Guest Designer Madeleine Lopez and, if you're following in order, then you will have reached me from Angela at Toucanscraps.

Paper Issues Merry Winter Kit
January's Kit-To-Copy is from Paper Issues: the Merry Winter December Kit sold over on Etsy.

At first glance lots of white, teal and pink, chevrons, winter patterns, labels and trim.

Now I don't generally do a lot of Christmas pages, and we haven't had any snow this year so I knew I didn't want to put a lot of festive papers into my kit and needed to focus on patterns and colours rather than the theme.

So I picked out the chevrons, some music paper, some wintry patterns and grabbed some journalling cards, mini-alphas and ribbons. It was all looking rather blue & green as you can see:

January 2013 Kit Fronts

Five of the six papers were double sided so I flipped them to see what was on the back ... added a couple of half-sheets of warmer colours and grabbed some more journalling spots to match.  I reckon this kit should be pretty versatile now.

January 2013 Kit Backs

Supplies:
Echo Park Neighbourhood and Diagonal Shot from the So Happy Together collection
American Traditional Designs Snow Day Earthtones
My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Amazing Geo Star
Kaisercraft Silly Season Candy Cane
American Crafts Neapolitan Heart Song
Dizzy Lizzy and Strawberry Pop from Pink Martini's Orange Creamsicle collection (with more flowers and stripes on their reverse sides)
Various trims from my stash
Cratepaper, Adornit & Kaisercraft alpha stickers
Lots of Kaisercraft Silly Season journalling spots and jewels
Various tags left over from previous kits
Some FREE hybrid library cards by Shimelle at Two Peas - I may reprint these onto white cardstock as they look very creamy compared to the papers in these photos.

My take on the original kit's button badges are simply ancient Papermania acrylic dome stickers stuck onto patterned paper and die-cut stickers ... I'm waiting to see if there are some better counterfeiting tips shared in the next couple of days ... I'm sad to say that my experiments with paper covered buttons haven't worked out too well!

In the meantime, please join me over at another new Master Forger's blog: Jennifer's Jumbles and see what she has put together for this month.

ETA P.S. Paper Issues have a generous discount  code and are sponsoring a prize this month ... all you have to do is go here and join in!

27 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love what everyone's doing with this kit.
Rinda

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Love, love, LOVE the blue and green tones! Great job and I look forward to working with you on the team!

glorygirl said...

LOVE all the colors you've collected for this kit! The blues and greens are so calming. Love that!

Razzled Scrapper said...

Oh I just love your choice of papers. The blues and greens look so peaceful, then the other sides wow. You are going to be able to get a lot of layouts done with this months kit.

mandysea said...

Isnt it fabulous when you can flip the pages and fabby things happen! Love the blues and greens too!

Angela Toucan said...

I like the acrylic dome stickers idea, I might have to see if there's something similar in our new Hobbycraft later in the week for our card making projects.

Love the blues and greens you picked out.

Unknown said...

Love love love your kit!!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh how pretty - I've done that acrylic dome stickers. Glossy stickers with drops of glossy accents (or whatever) works quite nicely too but you have to leave 'em to dry for ages.

Yes, I remember when they were all the rage...

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

ooh, wonderful rays of colors in your kit--can't wait to see your projects..
sorry to hear about the experiment didn't work out..

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Great kit colors, Jemma! I love the blues and greens! And your flair looks fabulous! :)

Sassy Breese said...

Clever twist on the kit to include the "B side" of your paper.

MiliPea Designs said...

I am loving the blues and greens of the original side you pulled! But the "B" side works too. I had to go with the "B" side of the original kit for some of my choices.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Thanks for the inspiration - I may want to take this in a non-holiday direction, too!

Lisa said...

I was in love with the blues and greens until I saw what you've done with those B-sides! Gorgeous. You never fail to impress :-)

sassyscrapper said...

The blue and green combo is just FAB! And I love when the flip side works so well, too. It was like it was meant to be! So excited to be working on the team.

Julie H said...

the papers you've chosen are awesome and look great together, as well as all your other bits and pieces!

Julene Matthews said...

Blues and greens are my palette for life.You've inspired me!
Have fun using this CK.

Sian said...

Hurray for a brand new year of counterfeiting!

..and a Very Happy New Year to you and yours from all of us - hope it has a lot of everything you love

Jennifer Grace said...

Ooh, I love the 'flip-side' it's so fun! What a great way to get extra possibilities from the kit. I like the ribbons you've added, and your 'flair' looks fabulous! x

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

I have some "simply ancient" acrylic stickers, too. I should see if any of them work for my kit this month, thanks for the idea! Love all your blues and greens and all the colorful b-sides, too.

Margie said...

Great kit, Jemma-love your flip sides, too!

li-bee-ti said...

I fell in love with your kit! those green and blue colors really rock.

Susanne said...

Lovely kit but I do admit holding my breath until I saw some red. It will be fun to see your pages.

Melissa said...

What a happy kit you've created - it will certainly work for a variety of themes.

Tricia said...

I love how you switched up the colors! Lovely Kit!

Clair said...

I'm so glad that you're staying on with the Master Forgers. I always look forward to seeing your individual take on the kits - yours always end up a wee bit different! x

kate blue said...

gorgeous take on the kit! I agree, it doesn't have to look exactly like it, it's all about the inspiration...love the Christmas words and the MME in there..big fan of the greens!