Tuesday 22 May 2012

Hat Trick

The first challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog this month was to be inspired by some hats that Bethany had pinned ... and I had a tale to tell about No.3 child and her new beret so it seemed appropriate to be using some photos of her wearing it.

No.3 Child & Alfie the English Sheepdog
No.3 Child ♥ Alfie
But as is often the way, I got sidetracked and put the unfinished page to one side.  Then along came challenge #2 which was to use fabric ... and I'd already decided to make use of some net inspired by those hats ... what luck!!!

Layout detail - net

We recently spent a weekend in Wiltshire with friends and enjoyed some great rain-free walks in the countryside with their beautiful dog Alfie.  As you can see, Child No.3 still had energy left over for climbing trees!

Layout - a top hat - Jimjams

Using my May Counterfeit Kit, I've based my page on the May sketch over at Sarah's Cards so that is, appropriately enough, a hat trick of challenges in one layout!!

Layout detail - net and lefy die-cuts

22 comments:

K said...

The date at the top of this post had me a tad worried! I thought I'd missed monday all together, lol.

Yay, hats!!! Hats should be worn everyday, inside & out, especially trilbys & other fedoras :)

Razzled Scrapper said...

I really like your take on this challenge. I have net that I wanted to use on a layout with pictures of my daughters prom dress. Thanks for the idea.

Mary B said...

Wow super page love the cut leaves over the netting makes the whole LO pop.

Sian said...

I absolutely love the trail of leaves on your page. Fantastic!

..and doesn't that girl of yours have a stunning smile?!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

We were on the same wavelength - I used some netting/tulle for my page, too. Way to go on combining challenges - whether you meant to or not!

Margie said...

Love this-great page, fun photos!

happysnapper said...

beautiful daughter and lo, nice flag going up the tree which i think looks somewhat beanstalkish and cool

Alison said...

Great use of the netting...great page and pics!
Alison xx

Tricia said...

Two birds with one stone - well done. Beautiful layout, beautiful daughter.

Missus Wookie said...

I love the countryside down near Avebury and climbing trees so both bits made me smile. Beautiful smile indeed!

Lisa said...

I particularly like the mix of colours and materials on your page - looks so great. the net is perfect and something I need to remember more often

MiliPea Designs said...

I love tulle and you used it in a great way here! Your daughter is so cute with her little hat here. Wonderful job with the challenge!

Tracie said...

I love those vines and the beret is really cool! great LO Jemma! x

LCSmithSAVED said...

This is definitely a show-stopper on the CKC gallery post! Love that some net got on - had hoped to include it but inspiration went a different direction - beautiful page :~)

Ali said...

An impressive trio! and I love the layout, especially that jungle strip down the middle and your lettering.

Ifa said...

That central axis of leaves is very effective...gorgeous layout.

li-bee-ti said...

Love this lo! beautiful colors and great use of the net. Your daughter is such a pretty lady, and it is so much fun climbing trees :).

Unknown said...

Love this idea! Brilliant title and a stunning page :0)

Nat said...

Love the texture that the netting added to your page. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sarah's Cards xx

Helsbells said...

Really like the leaves - nice touch. Thanks for playing along with the Sarah's Cards challenge :)

Jenga said...

Lovely page. Thanks for joining in with Sarahscards.

Louise said...

Love the leaves going up the centre of the page, a lovely tough. Thanks for playing along with our challenge.