Sunday 15 January 2012

Why Not?

Over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog we were challenged to scrap our hopes, dreams or aims for the new year.  Hmmmm - I'm not a great one for resolutions as I am even worse at keeping them so I thought I'd give this one a miss.
However, reading some of the blogs of my crafty friends, awash with posts of their good intentions, I began to feel a little left out.  Then the CKCB supplied a lovely sketch by Creative Scrappers and then I saw Ruth post her 12 goals for 2012 - most of which were spookily perfect for me - so I thought "Why not?" and decided to join in after all.

In the end it was quite tricky to narrow it down to just 12 goals - but I've picked a mix of personal & creative, small scale & life-changing, fun & functional.


I wonder if this public statement will actually help me achieve more ...  I hope so!

P.S. This one page ticks both the "BOM" and the "join in" boxes: it fits the CKCB challenge, the UKS Weekly challenge (with something old - my January Counterfeit Kit, something new - borders created with my Xmas gift from Child No.3: a Threading Water punch, and bling - clear gems coloured brown with my Sharpie pen) and the monthly challenge over at Sarah's Cards - result!!!  I've even put it straight into my Book Of Me album.

13 comments:

Susanne said...

Nice layout - I hope you hit your targets. And it is a little bit of a scary thing to publicly declare, isn't it!

Lisa said...

I love it! What gorgeous colours and elements - so need that MS butterfly punch! I think your list is great - ambitious but manageable. Good luck!

Missus Wookie said...

Yeah for setting goals - hope you can find action points to make 'em resolutions.

Gorgeous colours tho' and I'm really tempted/inspired by the idea of doing a layout for the year and filing it. Hmm, I've got the family resolutions going back several years that might be fun to scrap/record somewhere...

Sian said...

I'm hopeless at setting goals at the beginning of the year - I tend to just decide on something I want to do and work slowly at it without thinking too much about where it will end. Does that make sense?

But your lovely page has now got me feeling like I should be "resolving" a bit more too!

furrypig said...

that is a really great page with lots of good aims I hope it all goes according to plan and I will look forward to watching your progress throughout 2012 xxx

Lizzie said...

Oh, a great set of goals! And some are soooo appropriate for me too - makes me feel I should be setting some targets of my own...
Love the page you made - the rich colours and little decorative touches. Very nice!
Good luck with the 12 Targets for Twenty-Twelve!

Alison said...

i'm feeling I should be setting some targets too...great page Jemma!
Alison xx

alexa said...

Brilliant aims in here! Wishing you every success. Your last one is one I could usefully adopt myself ...

scrappymo! said...

Love it!
I think you did a great job of chosing things that are very doable. I think the close of 2012 will come and you swill be very happy with yourself. I envision you with your list all crossed off!

Margie said...

Love the colors and the layout of this!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours of this layout - you've tempted me to have a go at that sketch! Very clever to achieve some of your goals by doing a page about goals (now why didn't I think of that?!)

Jen Cro said...

I like your color combo and how you divided your goals.

Nat said...

Wow - check you out meeting some of your creative intentions already! ;) Way to go! Thanks for playing along with the Sarah's Cards challenge xx